Friday, December 14, 2012

Homemade Lip Balm

One of my numerous attempts at making all homemade christmas gifts this year was homemade lip balm. Now lip balm is one thing that i've always kind of pushed to the wayside and considered too expensive to buy, but now my whole viewpoint on the stuff has changed. Why would I pay $5 for a tiny little tube of burt's bees when I can make ten times the amount of the exact same peppermint beeswax lip balm for under $3? Seems silly now... but now I (and hopefully my family too) will have luscious, hydrated lips all winter!




Peppermint Beeswax lip balm

1 Tablespoon Cocoa Butter
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons other carrier oil (I used calendula-infused olive oil. See this post for more info)
1 Tablespoon & 1 teaspoon Beeswax
1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
5-10 drops Peppermint essential oil

Directions:
1. Melt the coco butter, honey, beeswax, and carrier oils together in a small bowl, either using a double boiler or the microwave.
2. Once the beeswax is completely melted, take oil mixture and add the essential oil to it, stirring to evenly incorporate. 
3. Pour into designated containers, and you're all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment